Thursday, May 27, 2010

Up to date...

So let's catch up.
Today was my big ultrasound.( the one where they check out everything on baby)
I have to say I was quite disappointed. John was running late to get there on time, and I asked them to wait, but NOOOO the lady had a family emergency and needed to leave right after me. She took me back and began without any regard to the fact that I wanted my hubby to be there. (even though it was like the 5th one I've had and he has attended all of them)
Baby looks good, nice and healthy!
I'm confused as to why two weeks ago baby was measuring 6 days behind, but today is now measuring 7 days ahead!? My belly has completely popped this past week though. (Should post a pic huh? I'll get around to it) Must be all the junk I'm eating but I no longer can button any of my pants. I may spend the summer in John's shorts!
On a sour note, the reason for my ultrasound two weeks ago was due to severe pain I was having in my back and lower abdomen. I went to the docs, they tested for a UTI which came back neg. Then I started peeing blood (TMI sorry) so off to the ER we go.They did a ultrasound and my right kidney is dilated. They assumed kidney stones or a blockage and sent me home with some pain drugs.
I have been feeling better since then, but today, another look shows my kidney is still largely dilated. So doc wants to run a few blood labs and go from there. If there is a blockage I will be the lucky new owner of a ureteral stent! (google it if you don't know :)(BOOO)
Any who, no luck with finding my nursing job, so I've decided I might as well continue on with my education. So I'm taking the few classes left before I transfer to do my bachelors. So my summer will be filled with organic chemistry and statistics! John is doing calculus 2, so we've already spent the last two nights studying away at the kitchen table.
Nothing else has been happening in our lives that I can think of. ( I know we are so exciting!) I'm just ready for summer and a vacation!

And all of you are wondering.........
WE DID NOT FIND OUT WHAT WE ARE HAVING! We officially did not do it! So if things go good we will not have another opportunity to find out! (which i might regret, but I keep telling myself it will be so worth it in the end!) I just am imagining delivery day and doc saying "It's a .....!" and me crying and everyone so surprised!

2 comments:

  1. oh man that does not sounds like fun, so sorry to hear about your kidney! I hope everything goes well.
    haha you are more patient than me! When i have kids I can't wait to know what they are! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Melissa! You should email me lacejohnson@gmail.com, so I can add you to mine. That's no fun about your kidney! ;( I hope all goes well. And you are brave to not find out... I think it'd be exciting but I would drive myself crazy! ;)

    ReplyDelete